Tuesday 4 June 2013

Day 1 Reflections

Day 1
Pre-camp:
  • What sounds interesting about this project?
As I am very new to this project, I feel that everything related to this project is very interesting to me. It seems that binary coding is involved in this project. There are also many different types of techniques that are related to Digital Image Processing and I will also be able to learn about image compression.
  • What do you think you can learn from this project?
I hope I can learn all of the Image Processing techniques and also hoping to be able to  apply all of the techniques into real life in the future. I also hope that I can learn more about compressing certain image files so that in the future, I will be able to make image sizes a lot smaller than before.
  • Any immediate questions regarding the project?
Not really.

Plenary Sessions:
  • Note down at least one key learning point for each session
Earthquake Research on Coral Reefs of Sumatra
I have learnt how the tsunami comes about. The plates of two countries get rubbed against each other - one plate pulls, while the other gets dragged. The plates get dragged until a certain point where the plate getting dragged, moves back into position in a quick movement. This will cause the seabed to shake, causing an earthquake. From the earthquake, waves are created, which will then form the tsunami waves.

IT for Animation
I have learnt that animations are created from the taking of the image of each frame. Then, from each frame, it will be put together. When they are sped up, the animation will be created and the drawing would seem very smooth.

Innovation Breakthroughs in Nano-Science and Nano-technology

I have learnt the importance of nanotechnology and how much nanotechnology has been introduced into our lives without us knowing. For example, bulletproof vests have been improved with the use of nano-science. This will be able to help save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment